ECRA Client Solutions Under COVID-19 Restrictions
First and foremost, we hope all school communities remain healthy and safe. This document describes how ECRA Group will support clients during these unprecedented times of remote teaching, learning, and school administration caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The solutions described in this document are based on the following assumptions made as of March 27, 2020:
- Schools will continue to operate virtually for the majority, and possibly the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Most states will receive a federal waiver for state mandated testing and therefore will not administer state assessments in the spring of 2020.
- Local school districts may not be in the position to administer local benchmark assessments in the spring of 2020.
- The priority for teachers and school administrators for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year will be to continuously improve all aspects of the distance learning process.
Given these assumptions, ECRA will provide the following solutions to clients:
- Estimated Spring Assessment Scores
For clients unable to administer assessments in the spring of 2020, ECRA will provide personalized spring score estimates based on available fall and winter data that may be used as a replacement for actual spring scores. The estimated spring scores will allow schools to implement local policies regarding student identification and placement that rely on spring assessment data. In addition, the estimated spring scores will allow schools to project annual growth and maintain a longitudinal record of student assessment scores moving forward.
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
ECRA will provide a scientific analysis of the local impact that COVID-19 has had on student learning. A predictive model will be developed to compare individual student learning over the spring and summer of 2020 to predicted learning trajectories based on student data leading up to the school closures. The impact will be quantified using the metric of effect size.
- Distance Learning Survey
ECRA will provide a distance learning survey intended to be administered in May of 2020. The survey is intended for students, parents, teachers and administrators. ECRA will provide the district a report that aggregates the feedback of stakeholders to provide schools opportunities for continuous quality improvement.
These are unprecedented times and ECRA Group is committed to supporting clients’ information needs. ECRA is available to support you when you are ready. Please reach out to your consultant to schedule a call or webinar.
To download this document, please use the button below.